Tips From Paris

Tips From Paris
Read These Totally Paris Style Tips

Monday, July 25, 2011

Turning 30 Is A Big Deal

Paris' Blog On The Season Finale

The-World-According-To-Paris-episode-108-016
Turning 30 is a big deal. To me, turning 30 means taking things more seriously. I’m growing up, which is a scary, yet really exciting, thing. I used my 20s as an excuse to party and try new things, good and bad. My thirties will be very different. Turning thirty means working to build my empire, settling down, and hopefully having kids someday. I’ve always been the wild child. Turning thirty has forced me take a step back, evaluate my life, and think seriously about where I’m going.
Speaking of being the wild child, I’ve been thinking about Brooke a lot lately. Seeing Charlie and having a slip in her sobriety took a major toll on her. Our blowout fight sure didn’t help either. I was really upset about the Brooke situation, which is why I went to my mom about it. I needed advice from someone who would be totally honest with me.
At first, I was beside myself. In my eyes, Brooke was giving me a bad image and I couldn’t be around that. But my mom totally flipped the script on me. Hearing my mom talk about how much I hurt her over the years really hit home. I started to look at the Brooke situation in a completely different way and I took my mom’s advice to heart. She told me to stop being so concerned about my image and to start caring more about my friends.
Wow, right? When she put it like that, I realized how judgmental I was being. Hearing my mom talk about how much it hurts to be judged really helped me put myself in Brooke’s shoes. She is going through a rough time. She needs a friend, not a PR agent. I felt bad about Brooke, so I’m really glad that we were able to make up. I guess moms really do always know best.
This week was a whirlwind, to say the least! On top of drama with Brooke and planning my 30th birthday party, I also had to make a quick trip to New York! I was there and back in just 48 hours. I went on the Letterman Show to talk about turning 30, as well as promote my new phone app. The show went really well and I had a great time. But before I could head back to LA, I had to have a New York style birthday party. I love being in New York. I was born there, so even though I now live in LA, the Big Apple will always have a special place in my heart.
I also had a really nice day in the city with Cy before heading back to LA,. Things have been a little off with him lately. I just don’t know if he can get used to the life I live. He can’t stand the media and paparazzi. I love Cy, but I’m constantly back and forth with him. I’m not sure love should be this hard. That’s why I was really freaked out when we were all of a sudden looking at engagement rings. I want to get married one day but for some reason, in that moment, I just kept praying to myself “please don’t let him pop the question.” This scared me.
And it scared my mom too. When I talked to her about it, she was (as always) brutally honest with me. I know I said moms know best, but I need some time to think on this one. I’m not ready to make a decision about Cy yet. I just wanted to have fun at my birthday party and worry about it later.
My birthday party was amazing. Everything was perfect. What meant the most to me was having my close friends and family there with me. And I absolutely loved the red theme. I mean, of course I still love pink, but red may just be my new color. Red is sexy and sophisticated while pink is young and fun. I guess I am growing up after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment